Tres Leches in Spanish means Three milks, to me Tres leches cake means Heavenly :D This is a classic Mexican cake made by drenching a plain cake in the mixture of three different milks.
*Please note: This recipe needs a 9 X 13 inch pan, I have made this in two different pans, and i ve shown the smaller one in the picture below.
For the cake:
- All purpose flour-1 cup
- Baking powder -1 1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Unsalted Butter(in room temperature) -1 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract-1 1/2 tsp
- Sugar-1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sift together the all purpose flour ,salt and baking powder.
- Grease and flour the bottom and sides of the baking pan and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar.
- Add one egg at a time and beat for few minutes follow the procedure for the rest of the eggs.
- Add vanilla extract and mix for few seconds.
- Add the sifted all purpose flour ,salt and baking powder and fold the batter.
- Pour this to the baking pan and even out the surface, and bake until 30-40 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Sweetened condensed milk- 1 can
- Evaporated milk-1 can
- Whole milk-1/4 cup
- With the help of a fork pierce the cake like shown in the picture below.
- Once done pour the milk mixture all over the cake slowly.
- Allow the cake to absorb all the milk, this should take about 30 minutes.
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- Sugar-1/4 cup