This is not a common vegetable that we use in our day to day cooking. Well i started to try them after tasting it at my friend`s place and trust me it was good.Lotus root is a crunchy vegetable, looks great when chopped and tastes good after they are cooked.
- Oil as per need
- Fennel seeds-1 tsp
- Few Curry leaves
- Lotus Root- 2-3 ( abt 250 gms)
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Chilly powder and coriander powder-1 tbsp(adjust as per spice level)
- Salt- as per taste
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Wash,peel and chop the Lotus root.
- Add oil to the pan, once the oil is hot, add the fennel seeds
- As the color of the fennel seeds change add curry leaves followed by chopped lotus root.
- Saute them well.
- Add ginger garlic paste , salt and turmeric and saute them till you get a nice aroma, sprinkle little water if needed.
- Now add Chilly powder , garam masala powder and mix well, Bring down the flame and cook it till you get the desired crispiness.
- Serve with Sambar.