Indian Rotisserie chicken is nothing but the Whole baked Chicken with Indian tandoori masala.All you have to do is to marinate the chicken with the masala and bake it.I have used home made masala and it came out well.
- Whole chicken-I have bought the one without skin.
- Yogurt- 1 cup
- Chilly powder- 2 tbsp( adjust as per your spice level)
- Coriander powder -1tbsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tbsp
- food color-a pinch of red color
- turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste-2tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Olive oil to brush the Chicken (optional)
- Wash the chicken well, i use salt, turmeric and curd to wash the chicken.
- Make slots in the chicken so that the masala gets in well.
- Now mix all the above ingredients and rub over the chicken, also apply the masala to the inner side.
- Marinate it for 8 hours- I did this the previous night before i baked it, i wrapped the chicken with aluminium foil and kept it in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F , bring the marinated chicken to room temperature, check if it needs some more masala, if so apply some more masala and put in it the oven with the wrapped aluminium foil.
- Do not disturb it for about an hour , now check the chicken, you will find a lot of oil kind of stuff in the foil.
- Transfer the chicken to another foil ,brush it with olive oil (optional) and bake it uncovered ,keep checking now and then and do not forget to turn the chicken to the side which has not been baked, bake it till you get the crispiness you want.
- Once done, serve the chicken with sliced lemon and onion, you can even sprinkle some Chaat masala on it.