I wanted to make this Banana Bread for a long time and finally made this for the weekend. I had all the ingredients with me handy except for the butter, I just had quarter cup of butter so i substituted another quarter cup of butter with olive oil.
This turned out to be really nice, moist and flavorful bread. The crispy walnut topped on the bread adds an extra taste. I m sure you will enjoy making this recipe like how I did. Not to forget, this is one of the easiest bread recipes.
- Banana- 2(ripe)
- All purpose flour- 1 ½ cup
- Butter-1/4 cup
- Olive oil-1/4 cup
- Sugar-3/4 cup (u can use either brown or white sugar, I ve used white)
- Egg- 2
- Walnuts- Chopped (handful)
- Baking powder-1 tsp
- Baking soda-1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon powder-1 tsp
- Vanilla essence-1 tsp
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Toast the chopped walnuts and keep it aside.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together.
- In a bowl melt butter slightly, set aside.
- Mash the bananas using a fork.
- In a bowl beat the eggs , add olive oil, vanilla essence, to this add the butter and mashed banana, mix them all together.
- Now add this to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula.
- Grease a loaf pan and spread the mixed content evenly.
- Spread the walnuts on top of the mixture and bake it till it turns in to a nice golden color (this took about 35-40 minutes in my oven)
- Once done allow the bread to cool , and then cut them like how you cut the bread and serve it..:)